Home Forums Introduce Yourself Georgia Ruth Wilson new member

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello all, I write short mysteries. “The Mountain Top” was included in Best American Mystery Stories published in October, 2016. And I have a new one coming out in the Malice Domestic anthology this spring. I hope to publish a collection this year. However, I was temporarily distracted with a biography I was asked to write. The Bear Hunter’s Son will be published this month. Then it’s back to writing fiction where I feel more comfortable. I am retired in the North Carolina foothills, weaving together fiction and history as I see it.

Stephanie Osborn
      Participant

Oo, congrats!

I CAN write short stories, but I find it actually harder than writing a novel. My story ideas have a way of kinda…blowing up.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Stephanie, I look forward to reading your stories since I am often on the dark side.

Jaden Terrell
      Keymaster

Congratulations, Georgia. Getting in the Best American Mystery Stories is the pinnacle for a short story writer.I usually pick up a copy when my pocketbook can afford it, and I look forward to reading your entry when I do.

The Bear Hunter’s Son is an interesting title. What is it about?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Beth, I apologize for taking so long to reply. It was not for want of trying. WordPress would not accept my response.

To answer your question: This is a historical biography. William Brown Gibbs established a gas station on a busy corner in McDowell County, NC, in 1929. As he expanded it into a landmark known as Lake Tahoma Steak House, Bill developed a national reputation as a legendary bear hunter. His son, Pete Gibbs, ran the restaurant and built his own legend of unconditional love. His children’s ministry is still influencing the residents of Marion and the surrounding area.

Stephanie Osborn
      Participant

ROFL Thank you! I have fun playing in my various worlds. I like to think my readers do, too.

Edit: Now why didn’t my comment nest under Georgia’s…?

Stephanie Osborn
      Participant

Beth, is that available on Amazon, do you know? I’d be interested in a copy too.

EDIT: Yeah, none of my posts are nesting, regardless of how I do ’em. Sorry, Beth.

Jaden Terrell
      Keymaster
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I was fortunate to meet several writers at Bouchercon in Raleigh whose stories later appeared in BAMS 2016. That collection has many favorites for me, including yours.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thank you Karen. I look forward to reading your work.

Jaden Terrell
      Keymaster

Stephanie, the nesting feature doesn’t seem to be working as well as it might. Not sure why. It must have something to do with the Buddy Press coding.

Jaden Terrell
      Keymaster

Georgia, thank you for the answer. A lot of people seem to be having trouble with the responses timing out. Thanks for keeping on trying!

Your book sounds interesting and uplifting. I can already think of a few people to share it with.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar