2020 Outer Banks Retreat
The Southeastern Chapter of Mystery Writers of America is pleased to present our FOURTH ever Writers’ Retreat.
Oct 25 – Nov 1, 2020
- Recharge Your Creative Batteries
- Work on Your Current Project or Try Your Hand at Writing Prompts
- Brainstorm, Get Feedback from, and Enjoy the Company of Fellow Writers
- Sessions on Plot Therapy, Storyboarding, and More
If you’re a writer, or just dream about being a writer, come experience the magic of a dedicated, focused writing retreat. We welcome writers of all stages: dreamers, beginning, pre-published and published. Even if you are an established author, you will benefit from a week of intense focus on your stories, your craft, and your career. We’ve got a great week planned, lots of fun activities and learning, but enough alone time for each of us to focus on our craft, and a little magic sprinkled in. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Sunday – Arrive at Grande Paradise after 3 pm
- ***Workshops at 4 pm, Mon-Sat
- Monday – Appetizer Party with Beth Terrell’s Ice breaker session
- Tuesday – Marketing Optics, Lynn Chandler Willis
- Wednesday – Insight into the Writer Brain: how to tap into your imagination, Stacy Allen
- Thursday – Seeing the potential in your story, Maggie Toussaint
- Friday – Setting your Sights on Humor, Diane Kelly
- Saturday – Creative Visions: as far as the mind can think, Beth Terrell
- Any day – TBA, community activity
- Saturday evening – Optional readings, 8 pm
- Sunday – Leave by 10 a.m.
Beachfront House Amenities
- $385 for Standard Bed*
- $60 for an additional guest (non-participant)
- $325 for Bunk Bed
* (14 standard bedrooms: king, queen, and double-size beds)
Room assignments are made in order of completed registration, unless there’s a special need. No pets.
Cancellation & Refunds:
- 90+ days prior – Full refund (minus a $25.00 admin fee)
- 89-60 days prior – 50% refund (minus $25.00 admin fee)
- 59-31 days prior – 25% refund (minus $25.00 admin fee)
- 30 -0 days prior – No refund